Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shingle Weed Barrier for Electric Fence

I can't take credit for thinking this one up. I had a friend over admiring the electric fence around my garden. I told her that because we had such a low wire to keep bunnies out that it shorted out all the time from weeds growing up on it, and I didn't have time to weed eat it every three days.

She had seen a few packs of shingles left over from our roofing at our last house and suggested that I use those to keep the weeds from growing up. What a great idea.

I have been preparing my overgrown garden for next year and implemented that plan. I used 2 packs of asphalt shingles.


1 comment:

Lori said...

this is such a great idea.