Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Make your own Real Hot Cocoa

I figured since I could make my own gourmet hot cocoa, I could make my own hot cocoa.

I put one cup of milk in the microwave to heat. I added 4 T sugar and 1 (-) T cocoa and stirred into the hot milk.

(I put in a little less cocoa than a Tablespoon since I find it too chocolatey; hubby finds it weird that I can consider things too chocolatey.)

Then I add gourmet flavors as desired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when i was a kid, we used to make our own powdered hot cocoa mix that we just added hot water to to make. the powdered mix had cocoa, powdered milk, powdered non dairy creamer, and sugar. i can't remember the exact proportions, since i haven't made it in forever working it in a restaurant where we have premade mix. we would put in an container and use as needed.