Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wool Leggings

Somehow I stumbled upon a leg warmer site, babylegs, awhile back. Didn't realize these things were popular nor used on teenage arms.

But, I used to want something like this when my kiddo was tiny. You know the stage where you are changing their diaper every half hour or more. I got tired of pulling off pants, but with the diaper covers I make without side openings, because I am a lazy no good sewer, you had to completely pull them off. So during the winter, I put my thin little socks on her so that she wore them like thigh highs, so I could change her diaper, not take off pants and keep her legs warm.

So, that snow suit I made out of two wool sweaters left me with some skinny sleeves. I am sure any shrunken wool sweater sleeves that don't have enough material to become Diaper Cover Longies will make fine leg warmers.
I chopped it off even and...

Viola! Leg warmers. I am sure they are just as capable of being worn on your arms as they are on my baby's legs if you have the desire.

My model was getting a little weary of modeling. Please ignore stressed out facial features; they were not caused by the leg warmers.

1 comment:

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Aww, she looks cute. You can't tell she's stressed! I had to bribe my 2yo to model some of my projects a couple weeks ago!

Those baby leg things are so cute. I have been using knee high adult socks on my son this week.