Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Toddler Watercolor Paint

My toddler got a hold of my basting brushes and wanted to paint as I was cooking. So quickly, I grabbed two small bowls, put a drop of food coloring in each one and filled with water. It obviously hardly colors anything (and hopefully won't stain anything), but it gave her "paint colors" since I know she wouldn't have been fooled by water. I sat her down with a piece of newspaper and she colored away for quite a bit of time getting the floor sopping wet which I later just cleaned up with rest of the newspaper and a rag, no staining, yeah! Good thing I used food coloring since I caught her a little later sucking the water out of the paint brush.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness what a great idea!! I have a 2 yr old that hates to be left out of the older kids art projects. But honestly, I couldn't keep my eye on my 4 yr old and her at the same time! So this is such a great find! She'll be pleased. THNX

Anonymous said...

Great idea......nice post..thanks for sharing...