Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Reusable Worksheets

Thanks to a frugal commenter on my post on tracing worksheets, I now have a reusable workbook!

Just slide your workbook pages inside page protectors and use a dry erase marker. A rag will wipe it off right away. I left marker on it for several days and a rag no longer worked, but it came off nicely with just a little rubbing alcohol.


I'll just keep a folder of these worksheets and switch them out anytime she gets bored with the ones in her current folder. This also could work for a homeschool consumable workbook that you want to use for more than one child.

Since she now wants to do letters and numbers, here are some more sites for free printables. The last site lets you make a worksheet with whatever words you want. I used it to print out her name for her to trace.

http://www.printactivities.com/index.html
http://www.first-school.ws/preschool/printable-activities/index.htm
http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great idea and links, thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

I used to do this too, when my boys were younger. This also works great for chore charts and cleaning lists, etc. What a great way to save paper!

Alexandra said...

We did the same! I found that it was less expensive to buy multicolor felt tips(in a big pack) at Dollar General or Family Dollar. The darker ones work well on the clear covers. If they are left for a while, they do dry to the covers, but come off with a wet sponge and baking soda(a mild abrasive). Otherwise, they wipe clean with a damp sponge. I got some multicolored ones and just cut them in half, or cut into shapes for fun.

I'm going to do this again with my daughter as soon as I can trust her with a felt tip pen! Ha,ha...we've got time she is not ready for the 'ole worksheets yet.

Super links...it's been awhile, so this is a good memory booster. I've bookmarked them.