Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Extending the Life of Razor Blades

Rust on a razor blade dulls it. So how do you prevent it and make those expensive razor heads last longer? By drying it. Make it a point to shake off your razor, blot it on a towel and store it in a less humid place (outside of the bathroom or in a ziploc bag (only if you make sure it is dry first!).

Need some research to convince you? Using a fan to blow dry a razor after each shave resulted in doubled life expectancy for a disposable razor head.

1 comment:

Betsy Bargain said...

I had heard this before, so I started drying my razor and storing it away from the tub when not in use. It does seem to prolong the life of the blade.