Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Replace a Laptop Key - buy the whole keyboard

My "z" letter on my laptop is falling off because a piece of plastic broke off on the key retainer clip. I looked on ebay for "key retainer clip" and my laptop model and I could buy a key set for about $8 or I looked up buying a whole keyboard which only costs $20 plus shipping. It costs more, but if you needed two more key repairs over the life of the keyboard it would pay for itself.

Here are good directions on how to replace keys or even steal keys (like you would in the above scenario) to fix broken laptop keys.

No comments: