Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Crayon off of Furniture

My child just drew on her grandmother's table. What to do? I consulted a book in my library and chose the cheapest method first, and it worked easily.

To get crayon off of furniture and walls without destroying paint, wet a washcloth and dab it in baking soda, scrub off.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Any tips on how to get it out of carpet? The previous owners managed to melt some into the carpet next to one of the vents. It's in front of the closet, so I can't just put something over the top of it, and a throw rug would look out of place!

Melissa Jagears said...

I haven't done it, but I googled it. Seems a good consensus of people who have actually done it say Murphy's oil soap works. Googling it came up with several suggestions. Let us know what works for you if you have success.

I've yet to have to try and get crayon out of the carpet. There's a pretty fresh Sharpee mark I need to look into removing though.