Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Dress Clothespin Bag

To keep my clothespins sliding with me on the clothesline, I made a clothespin bag from a toddler dress. I found one that fit snugly on an adult hangar, so it wouldn't slip off. It is a size 2T. It needs to have a back opening.


Then I turned the dress inside out and sewed the bottom together. You don't have to use a surger, I was just too lazy to take the hot orange thread out of the sewing machine.

Then put it back on the hangar. Keep the back opening unbuttoned or unzipped to put in and take out clothespins.


I think it's pretty cute myself.

UPDATE: Or you could use a toddler boy's button down shirt like Katydid.

UPDATE#2- Plastic hangars will snap off at the hook when the friction of sliding it across the line starts sawing through the plastic. A Metal hanger will start bending with the weight of the pins. So far, I've had good luck with an actual nice suit hanger. Sturdy metal hook, but wooden body. I would try my hardest to scrounge up a suit or wooden hangar.

4 comments:

Bloggers said...

That is so cute. I am going to make one of these.

Alexandra said...

This is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love it!

Suri said...

That is really so cute, attractive
really I like that

bag making machine