Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Maintain Cookie Softness

I have no idea how the science behind this works, but I learned this from my in-laws. After making a batch of cookies and sealing them away in a container, throw a slice of bread in with the cookies. The bread will get hard, but your cookies will stay soft. Works exceptionally well with homemade chocolate chip cookies.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Do the same thing with your brown sugar and it will stay soft. Be sure to change the bread out with a fresh piece once it becomes rock hard though.

Unknown said...

i agree with the first commenter, but you can also use an apple slice.

Samantha said...

My grandma always told me to drop the cookie sheet (fresh from the oven) onto the counter top to help keep the cookies soft.