Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Reader Suggestion Friday - Worn Shirt Collar Makeover

Evelyn sent in her tip on how to get some extra life out of the collars of men's shirts:

"When my husband's shirt collars are beginning to look worn, I take my seam ripper and carefully detach the collar from the shirt. Then I simply turn it over, pin it back on, and restitch carefully. It is best not to wait until the collar begins to fray, but even if it is completely worn through, a few carefully placed stitches before reattaching can stabilize the break. This works on any shirt - from work shirts to dress shirts."

No comments: