Follow Me on Pinterest
Instead of posting links to Making Do Ideas on this blog now (I'll just post my own projects here though they are few and far between now), I'm now posting them on my Pinterest Board named Making Do Stuff.
You do not have to have a Pinterest account to see it.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Track your website visitors

I don't know how many of you don't read my blog through a reader and have seen the new little map in the top right hand corner of my blog.

I use statcounter to track my visitors and where they are coming from whenever I am curious. And sometimes they are from such cool places as India, and sometimes I can even see that people of other language blogs are linking to me. I know that someone who writes in Chinese, Thai, and Spanish have all linked to my blog. Pretty fun.

So I thought I would share with my readers and show a map of people who are reading my blog. It just tracks where the readers' server is located. IPligence provided the map. In just a few days, It looks like I've had visitors from the USA, Australia, Canada, Italy, Ireland, UK, Poland, Maybe Hungary??, Germany, Brazil, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, India, Japan, OOH! Looks like really close to Dalian, China where I spent a summer, Indonesia, Thailand, The Philippines and New Zealand. Fun huh?

And the blinking ones are who is looking right now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow--the blinking one is crazy! I feel like I'm spying :). Did you also get the maps from statcounter, or are they from elsewhere?

Unknown said...

OK--I see where you got the maps from. Ignore my question :).

SandyQuilts said...

I get a map from my statcounter account by clicking on

Recent visitor map link.

I can click on the little flag and find out info on the person.

Ulla said...

Reader from Finland also. I enjoy your blog a lot. I read it with google reader. Thanks!